Friday, November 17, 2006

24 Hours Until Pearlington

"Calm down Courtney!"

These are words of wisdom. We leave tomorrow. Right now I'm mentally running through the million-object list to make sure I've packed everything. My mind is cluttered with mental notes, my desk with sticky ones. I'm hoping Dakota's doing ok. I'm worrying about missing classes. French phrases are running through my mind. I smell like horses. I have kissing and clucking commands in my head. It's been a long day.
To make it worse, we had small group tonight. I went. It's been a late night.
Needless to say, I'm frantic and stressed. But even though I may not feel ready, God's got everything in control. He knows if I'm going to forget my toothbrush (which by the way is packed). He knows what the weather's going to be like in Pearlington (debate in my mind: flannel pajamas? No, too hot. But it was March when we last went. Warmer then. Long-sleeved nice shirt? No, too cold for that. But it's November now. Colder now...). He knows all my fears and worries. I'm so glad. I couldn't take it without him. He'll take good care of me. He sees the big picture, when I only see a little piece of it. He knows what he's doing. I can't wait for Pearlington. (Posted by Courtney - Team Member)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home