Friday, November 24, 2006

God has a sense of humor

At our very first bathroom stop on the Sunday we were traveling to Pearlington, we had a surprise. The bathrooms were "Under construction" and the business had brought in port-a-pottys for their customers to use. These were very post port-a-potties. There were large - three or four people could fit into these with no problems. There were sinks with paper towels and they were heated!!! The kids loved these.

Once we were back to the van - I told the kids that they would not have port-a-potties like these in Pearlington. Some of the kids learned that visiting the ones in Pearlington at 3 AM was a very cold adventure.

The weather in Pearlington, upon our arrival was cold - temps were in the 30's at night and the frist few days in the 40's and 50's during the day. Larry Randall accused us of bringing the cold weather with us. "It is never this cold here," he said. I just smiled and said that we wanted them to know what we live with for 5 months of the year. He laughed and said, "Be sure to take this with you when you leave." By thanksgiving day - it was warm and bright with sunshine.

There are all kinds of critters in Pearlington - some that you like to see and some that you wish would just go away. I now know what I would do if an unwanted four-footed, furry creature tries to snuggle in with me for the night. Praise the Lord, I didn't scream, I just hit the thing really hard out of my bed. The biggest fear was that I knocked it into my back pack - which didn't happen. Thankfully it never tried again!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home